[lug] Coldfusion MX7 and IIS7.5

Richard Mandel rdmandel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:14:25 MST 2016

I am really stumped with this problem. If anyone has some suggestions, I
would be excited to hear about them.

The Problems with the new site

No matter what I do in fiddling with IIS bindings and root directories, I
can’t get the Secure Portion of the site to work:

·         The site itself works fine, so I know that Coldfusion and the DBs
and the OS are working fine together

·         Browser calls to
www.wow.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=wows3_admin.admin from localhost

o   file not found error showing a call made to inetpub\wwwroot\index.cfm
when it should have been inetpub\wwwroot\wow\index.cfm

o   if I modify the root directory of the default site and the wows site so
that wow is in the call, the regular site fails with a call to
inetpub\wwwroot\wow\wow\index.cfm

·         From another machine on the local network I get a “server Error”

Let’s call it www.wows.com

Old Site - WORKS FINE in a VM

·         Win 2003

·         IIS6

o   Default site

§  Bindings - All unassigned on 80 and 443

§  Home directory – inetpub\wwwroot\wow

§  Default app

§  Default app pool

§  Execute Permissions: Scripts only

o   WOWS site

§  Bindings - 80 and 443 on local ip address

§  Home directory – inetpub\wwwroot\wow

§  Default app

§  Default app pool

§  Execute Permissions: None

·         ColdFusion 7.0.1

·         MSSQL 2000 (8.0)

New Site on the base machine

·         Win 2008 R2

·         IIS 7.5

o   Default site

§  Bindings - All unassigned on 80 and 443

§  Home directory – inetpub\wwwroot

§  Default app pool

o   WOWS site

§  Bindings - 80 and 443 on local ip address

§  Home directory – inetpub\wwwroot\wow

§  Default app pool

·         ColdFusion 7.0.2 - Same code as the old site except :

o   changes in local ip address

o   mods to make code work with SQL 9 (sql adds username to db tables)

·         MSSQL 2005 (9.0) – same dbs as old site

ColdFusion Code

·         Does some redirects based on whether one is on localhost or not

·         Does some redirects  to
www.wows.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=wows3_admin.admin which includes some ssl
cert https redirects (call it the Secure Portion)

Thanks to all

Richard Mandel
 <mailto:rdmandel at gmail.com> rdmandel at gmail.com
5323 Pennsylvania Ave.