[lug] DevOps Engineer Wanted

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Fri May 27 10:39:25 MDT 2016

Apply here: http://radiasoft.net/careers/devops-engineer/

The company is Boulder-based, but we are willing to consider telework only.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have questions.

DevOps is a core competency a​t RadiaSoft. Our mission is to​ bring
scientifc computing to the cloud and ​revolutionize computational
reproducibility through DevOps automation. Our initial focus is the
simulation of charged particle accelerators and X-ray beamlines, which is
another core competency. We automate the installation and deployment of
complex scientific codes through containerization.

As a member of the software team, you will help to advance this mission
through the improvement and further development of our cloud and bare metal
infrastructure. Our DevOps framework is evolving rapidly, and you will help
us shape and deliver on our vision.

You are expected to be an active DevOps community member. RadiaSoft is an
open source company, including all software, configuration and
documentation. You will be expected to contribute fixes, enhancements, and
documentation to open source projects we use. You will have the opportunity
to help us write and publish articles and to present your work at
conferences.

You can learn more about our technology on GitHub
<https://github.com/radiasoft>. You can learn about our team on LinkedIn.
<https://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/f?keywords=radiasoft>

We require real world experience in several of the following areas:

   - Software development or DevOps engineering (5+ years preferred)
   - DevOps design and implementation (at least part-time)
   - CM frameworks (Salt or Ansible preferred)
   - Open source projects (use of git preferred)
   - Continuous integration (Travis or Jenkins preferred)
   - Programming dynamic languages (Javascript or Python preferred)
   - Repository management (copr or dnf/yum preferred)
   - Containerization (Vagrant or Docker preferred)
   - Parallel execution (MPI preferred)
   - Cluster orchestration (Star Cluster preferred)

RadiaSoft offers the following benefits:

   - Competitive salaries and performance bonuses
   - Subsidized health insurance (free for individuals)
   - Six weeks combined vacation, holidays, and sick time
   - 401K with Vanguard funds and up to 4.5% matching
   - Flexible work hours and teleworking
   - Free long- and short-term disability and life insurance