[lug] Disable Autoconf Version Check?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 01:21:30 MDT 2016

> If "foreign architecture" means cross compiling, does the error come from> the cross-compile tool-chain and is that the configuration you have been> looking at?

I am building a cross compiler and related tools. Workstation is x86_64 Fedora 23, tools run on x86_64, output of tools are ARMv7 and ARMv8-a. I have newer cross-tool-chains, but code from this older one is mandatory (I'm trying to figure out how the assembler output of what appears to be working older tool chain differs from the generally more current/better compilers which get kernel complaints about invalid assembler). This older tool chain was written quite some time back, probably in the era of Fedora 12 days...autoconf thinks Fedora 23's "make" is older than the one which existed during Fedora 12. I know make is far newer than required, I'd like to somehow remove the autoconf rejection of make.