[lug] Disable Autoconf Version Check?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sat Jul 2 08:51:12 MDT 2016

On Sat, 2016-07-02 at 04:24 +0000, stimits at comcast.net wrote:
> It just says my version of make is too old. It wants something like
> 3.7 minimum, but I'm using 4.0...it's mistakenly thinking 4.0 is old
> when it is really too new.

Try
  autoreconf -i

to regenerate configure from configure.in.  If the message comes from
running configure, edit config.log, go to the end of the file and then
back up until you see the message configure failed on.  It will tell
you want line in configure that caused the error, which you can use to
backtrack to either configure.in mods or possibly Makefile.in.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>