[lug] misc giveaways

Glenn English ghe at slsware.net
Sat Sep 10 14:12:18 MDT 2016

I'm moving to an apartment half the size of what I've been living in, so I'm tossing some stuff (all free to Linux geeks; you've got to promise never to intentionally allow MS bits in them):

Some PS/2 things (keyboard, maybe a mouse or two, cables)

Some VGA cables and a VGA/USB KVM

3 internal IDE CD/DVD drives (one doesn't work, so I suggest that you take at least a couple, if you're interested in these)

An internal SATA (old, funny connectors) CD/DVD drive

A couple of those smallish (ATX, mini-ATX??) motherboard computers in boxes. (One of them won't boot a Debian installer from my external CD drive, but I somehow managed to get some version of Debian (Lenny, Wheezy ??) on it. The other has Wheezy or Jessie.) IIRC, these have both PS/2 and USB connectors for keyboard and mouse. There's a disk in both, probably SATA.

A significant pile of O'Reilly books that I've used to learn how to get my net(s) going. Java, firewalls, IP networking, Linux, etc. Some Perl, probably.

2 or 3 major Dell 64 bit tower servers (replacing with RPi's and a Supermicro) -- not massive RAM (one or two gigs, slots for a lot more), but multi core XEON CPUs and reliable power supplies. These will be available as soon as I'm moved and get my domain working at the new place. If I can figure out the Juniper SSG-140, there'll likely be some Cisco stuff then too (T1 router and PIX firewall); I've found these a lot easier to configure than the Juniper).

Trading of SSG config knowledge and training for Cisco hardware is encouraged...

--
Glenn English