[lug] BLUG Hacking Society?

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:04:25 MDT 2016

Bucky,

I was out of town for two weeks, but I'm at the Southern Sun most Thursdays
for beer, supper, and Linux conversation. Happy hour ends at 6.

Hacking Society used to meet at Caffe Sole, post-supper, but Sole decided
to target different clientele, and wants to turn itself at night into a
jazz cafe and supper club. They've banned laptops most evenings.

I like Sole, I like music venues, and I like free markets, in which
businesses get to pick their own target customers, so philosophically I'm
all for this, but it did lose us a place to go geek out on Thursday nights.
:-)

If you come to SS and can't recognize us by our laptops and hacker-esque
demeanors, call my number in the .signature below. If it's not too loud to
hear the ring, I'll be the guy answering his phone.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Kevin Maris <kevin.r.maris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Bucky,
>
> There are a few that meet regularly on Thursdays, around 6pm, at Southern
> Sun. It's a pretty informal affair and I am not surprised me that Southern
> Sun wasn't aware. I won't be around for it tomorrow. Maybe the few other
> regulars (I know of at least one is on this mailing list) can chime in if
> they are going.
> On 09/21/2016 07:46 PM, BC wrote:
>

> I found this website <http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/blug/>
> <http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/blug/> describing the BLUG hacking
> society meetings every Thursday at Cafe Sole in SoBo.  Went there last
> Thursday and was told that they've never heard of either the society or the
> BLUG.  Same response at the Southern Sun restaurant.
>
> Does this group meet somewhere else?
>
> Tnx,
>
> Bucky

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>