[lug] Migrating /home...rsync?

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Wed Sep 28 01:07:24 MDT 2016

Any luck yet?

I have in the last week used similar commands to copy 2TB
w/o any problems (local & remote). The diffs found no
problems and the data is really there, although I am not
copying xattrs or acls:

    rsync --archive --one-file-system --stats /src/ /dest/

Since you have root diffs ok, but user access errors, it
suggests a permission issue. Maybe on /home itself.