[lug] LUG Digest, Vol 155, Issue 8

Will will.sterling at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:04:31 MDT 2016

>From the lvmraid man page:

"HISTORY

The 2.6.38-rc1 version of the Linux kernel introduced a device-mapper

target to interface with the software RAID (MD) personalities.  This
provided device-mapper with RAID 4/5/6 capabilities and a larger
development community.  Later, support for RAID1, RAID10, and RAID1E (RAID
10 variants) were added.  Support for these new kernel RAID targets was
added to LVM version 2.02.87.  The capabilities of the LVM \fBraid1\fP
type have surpassed the old \fBmirror\fP type.  raid1 is now recommended
instead of mirror.  raid1 became the default for mirroring in LVM version
2.02.100."