[lug] unetbootin and Space used to preserve files across reboots

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Oct 28 23:04:59 MDT 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 20:53:16 -0600
Davide Del Vento wrote:

> It's possible that the thing be a loopback mount of a file? See if you
> have a file of that size....
> Back in the day I did made two partitions and it worked flawlessly.

Well, there is a loopback mount, and a unionfs. Through trail / reboot, I
discovered I can create a user, and then /home/user appears, and data
persists there. It appears I can update what's installed, but not install
new software. That's a show-stopper, as I need tomb and keepassx at a
minimum.

However, it runs so slowly as to be unusable. I suppose a faster flash
drive would help, but it is USB2. I think I'll try going dual-boot. Wish
I had USB3 on this laptop.