[lug] Experience with System76

Daniel Weflen danweflen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:39:56 MST 2016

I asked their testing engineer about this at the Yakety Yak release party a
month or so ago. According to him, they use off-the-shelf components, and
then test the hell out of them. They do write and/or modify drivers for the
hardware that they use, but they push those changes back to the main linux
kernel. They install stock Ubuntu.

While they only officially support Ubuntu, one of the founders of
ElementaryOS works there and tests it on all of their computers before they
release a new version.