[lug] Fwd: VMware & Xen documentation

Louis Krupp louis.krupp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:47:11 MST 2016

Going twice...

I got an email with something about indirection, but nobody has said yes, I
want this:

About a year ago, when I was looking for faster GNU Fortran compiler builds
than I was getting with Linux on VirtualBox under Windows, I had what
amounted to a Walter Mitty fantasy of installing a bare-metal hypervisor
like Xen on my home PC. It was going to be cool; I was going to get
adequate if not awesome performance, and somehow there was going to be a
t-shirt involved.

Before I realized that I was clueless and that I was better off just
getting another PC and installing Linux, I downloaded and printed a pile of
documentation on Xen and VMware. Some of it I had to pay for, most of it I
didn't. Some of this stuff is out of date, some of it's badly written, some
bits are OK, and all of it is free to a good home.

(Seriously. If it were all outdated crap, I'd just recycle it.)

If you want it, let me know, and I'll meet you somewhere and hand it off.

Speaking of indirection, you might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eX9gPithBo&list=PLRyNF2Y6sca06lulacjysyu8RIwfKgYoY&index=16

Louis