[lug] CMS Recommendation?

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Jan 10 15:08:45 MST 2017

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:12:56 -0700
Rob Nagler wrote:

> A couple of suggestions:
>
> * Use a wiki, not a website, e.g. GitHub Wiki

I'm pondering that - should've mentioned it. DokuWiki is pretty easy, and
there's a blog plugin, should the opportunity to add one come up in the
future. Something which should be easy to play with, since I'm already
running Doku here.

> * Use Jekyll or something like it and host on github.io

That is insanely cool, similar to OctoPress. I'm fairly certain that
nobody else who's an active member in the club would be able to continue
on with it, if I were to croak. I also need to keep the hosting at
someplace pretty mainstream, with significant support staff, for the same
reason. I'd really like to move off GoDaddy, but that's another step in
the process.