[lug] Open Source Linux POS Software

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:50:56 MST 2017

Years ago I setup OFBiz (http://ofbiz.apache.org/) for a small business and
it seemed ok. I got them using it, they were happy, and after a couple
months I never heard from them again, so they either were able to just keep
on trucking or they decided they hated me.

Out of curiosity, why not use one of the tablet-based POS systems from
Square and others? Those seem to work well, and licensing isn't really an
issue since they are using them essentially as SASS to drive people into
their CC auth service.