[lug] Linux Camera Driver Support

Dylan Richards Dylan.Richards at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 3 13:46:23 MST 2017

Hello All,

My name is Dylan Richards, I am a senior in aerospace engineering at the
University of Colorado, and I am fairly new to Linux so I appreciate any
comments/feedback that I receive. I am posting because my senior projects
team is trying to develop a camera driver for a Sony IMX214 imaging sensor
and the Snapdragon 410 SoC over a MIPI CSI interface. The most recent
Linaro release for the Snapdragon 410 currently includes a driver for the
OV5645 image sensor, but we are trying to use the Snapdragon 410 to operate
a higher resolution camera; the IMX214. We have an IMX214 driver that is
built for A23, A31/s, A33, and A80 ARM Cortex architecture, and our hopes
were that we could use that as a stepping stone for developing our own
camera driver. Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations as to
the best way to go about doing this.

Thank you,
Dylan Richards
CU Aerospace Engineering