[lug] Triple monitor issue

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 06:06:49 MDT 2017

Aw, computers...

This might not help you much, but I have a laptop with a docking station
and I run Mint 17.3

I have two external monitors connected to the docking station plus the
laptop screen itself, and all 3 works fine (I am not sure if the docking
station has some graphic card hardware inside, but I doubt it). On a
previous model of laptop I had some troubles and it turned out that I could
not dedicate enough memory to the graphic card(s) to have all 3 monitors
work properly.

To rule out this possibility, I suggest you try to configure all your
monitors to the lowest resolution you can (yes, that would look bad,
especially on fixed-resolution LCD) and see if, besides the resolution
issues, everything works fine. If so, you know your problem is likely
graphic memory. If the problem still occurs, memory is not your concern.