[lug] sudoers Failure Q

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 13:30:15 MDT 2017

Hi,

I've gone ahead and installed Fedora 25 (KDE spin) since my F23 home is gone and I needed F25 upgrade anyway. However, I seem to have run into an sudo bug. My user is in wheel group, and sudoers file allows ALL for %wheel. The user was set as administrator during install. I can "su -" and become root, but no matter what, any sudo from my user results in this:
myname is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

This is absolutely wrong...the user is in wheel, the wildcard %wheel should allow this. Is there a known Fedora 25 install bug for this, or some trick needed to authorize sudo beyond wheel membership in F25 which was not required in F23? FYI, permissions on "/usr/bin/sudo" are:
---s--x--x. 1 root root 147360 Jun  1 05:11 /usr/bin/sudo*
Thanks!