[lug] GRUB2 Compatibility: Mostly Fedora/Ubuntu, Some BIOS/UEFI

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Wed Jul 19 14:53:53 MDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM, <stimits at comcast.net>wrote:

I don't think it is entirely that BIOS modes are not supported in Ubuntu...I think it is confused by a UEFI-capable motherboard being in BIOS mode. Fedora works fine this way, Ubuntu is incapable of setting up USB on the same system though.

> That's because Ubuntu sucks.
>
>Rob
>
>PS.  Trying to heat up the mailing list. ;-)

There is no such thing as a vacuum...it's just that Fedora makes Ubuntu look bad! :)

FYI, I would not bother with the Ubuntu install, but there is software designed to run specifically on it which would be useful. If I can get it to work I'll use the KDE spin of Ubuntu, I can't stand Unity desktop.