[lug] GRUB2 Compatibility: Mostly Fedora/Ubuntu, Some BIOS/UEFI

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Jul 19 15:02:22 MDT 2017

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 20:53:53 +0000 (UTC)
stimits at comcast.net wrote:

> There is no such thing as a vacuum

My Eureka begs to differ.

> ...it's just that Fedora makes Ubuntu look bad! :)

You almost make me ponder trying Fedora out again. But I still bear the
emotional scars of rpm dependency hell. And I really like the Debian
package system better, irrespective of issues with rpm updates breaking
things.

> FYI, I would not bother with the Ubuntu install, but there is software
> designed to run specifically on it which would be useful.

Oh?

> If I can get
> it to work I'll use the KDE spin of Ubuntu, I can't stand Unity desktop.

Still using Fvwm here.

> PS.  Trying to heat up the mailing list. ;-)

Vi is better.