[lug] Packt Publishing?

Mike mikedawg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:12:41 MDT 2017

> Has anyone heard of them?
>
> Someone from there is trying to get me to do a video series for them.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
>   Alan Robertson
>   alanr at unix.sh

> I've heard of them. Bought some .pdf books from them a number of years ago
> because they were on sale. They were somewhat useful.
>
> I started to have a thought once, but luckily was able to stifle it.
>
> Steve
>
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone heard of them?
> >
> > Someone from there is trying to get me to do a video series for them.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > --
> >   Alan Robertson
> >   alanr at unix.sh
> > Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> ------------------------------
>
> End of LUG Digest, Vol 165, Issue 8
> ***********************************

Hey Alan,

I'm a decent fan of Packt Publishing. They offer a book a day for free.
I've been getting them daily, for well over a year. Not always the highest
quality books, however, it is often enough to get your ("my") feet wet in
any subject I'm curious about.

For instance, today, their free book is regarding Linux Shell Scripting,
and it is a mildly good read, and enough to get someone started in the
right direction.

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning/

I think they have publishing offices out of India and out of UK. From what
I have seen, most of the authors (Just guessing) I'd say about 75%+ of the
authors are Indian folk from their Indian publishing office branch.
--
Mike