[lug] Bulk wget from archive.org

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Jul 20 14:24:41 MDT 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:40:49 -0600
Tyler Cipriani wrote:

> I made a script to do these bulk downloads and (as is my wont) saved it
> in my dotfiles it may yet be useful in this situation[1].

Thanks. But it gets all barfy over SSH.

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:335:
SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject
Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This
may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can
cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python
to solve this.

And Mint doesn't have a newer version. Or maybe they do, but I'd have to
upgrade to v18.

I guess I'll fall back to awk and wget.