[lug] Q. on SQL Foreign Keys (PostgreSQL)

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 14:40:59 MDT 2017

It sounds like Neo4j is an actual database, rather than a tool to map other people's database (though it looks like something I would put on a PostgreSQL wish list).

I specifically have data from other people's applications for which the applications evolved over time and the original interface to install the data was lost. The same data is used, but only direct SQL edit is now possible on part of that data. I need to be able to map out some load orders from some XML files in order to correctly edit that sample data for real world use, and secondarily create a working interface after figuring out what is missing. The database in use is PostgreSQL, so if Neo4j can map this, I'm all for it. It seems though that I would have to dump PostgreSQL...which isn't really an alternative. Plus this is all free work and free software running on Linux, no money is available for purchasing commercial licensing or third party support.

----- Original Message -----From: Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.usSent: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:24:51 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [lug] Q. on SQL Foreign Keys (PostgreSQL)

Maybe use Neo4j?  ;-)

/me ducks...

--