[lug] Q. on SQL Foreign Keys (PostgreSQL)

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Wed Aug 30 16:07:33 MDT 2017

> You've spent so much time trying to do this with information_schema you would probably come out ahead
> with a one-shot program that provides the necessary abstraction.

It seems like I'm just missing some simple detail. I don't think it is because information_schema can't do this, I think it is because I lack advanced SQL experience. Unfortunately switching to a Java app is also a problem. I'm at a loss for this one last detail.

I did look at ODBC since you were talking about JDBC, but it seems ODBC does not supply the same access (JDBC looks much more advanced than ODBC).