[lug] OpenVPN questions using AWS EC2 instance

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Fri Sep 8 23:35:57 MDT 2017

On 09/07/2017 08:45 AM, Bear Giles wrote:
 2. that's one reason why I would prefer to use the AWS VPN over the DO VPN,
 at least at times. With the proper routing I should be able to directly
 access those other hosts via the OpenVPN connection. In this case my main

You mention routing so maybe this might help, it has bitten me:

   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/<tunif>/forwarding

iptables rules and routing were correct but the packets went into a black hole
because forwarding wasn't enabled.