[lug] neat trick with gnome + network manager + VPN

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Fri Sep 15 13:14:32 MDT 2017

Hi,

I used NoScript for years but finally got tired of exceptions so I gave up
on it (though I still use it on my work laptop). I've sinced used Ghostery
and now uBlock Origin and haven't seen ads in years. I also use the Self
Destructing Cookies extension for some additional tracking protection,
though these days that's not nearly enough - see:

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

Funny enough, the other day uBlock failed after a Firefox upgrade and I was
amazed to see how the few sites I usually browse actually look without ad
blocking (and how long they take  load...) And this was for the BBC, never
mind something like the Daily Camera!

Simos