[lug] New to BLUG router question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Nov 3 08:33:08 MDT 2017

I just moved back up to the Boulder area and am living in a hotel till
we close on our house.  I needed to use my laptop as a router for our
Roku/Apple TV so tried an Netgear AC that uses an Archer chip (I think
that's the chip name).  I found that kernel support is lacking and the
driver code I found from the chip vendor didn't build on my Fedora 26
box.

I ended up digging out a WRT54GL I had packed and using that as a wired
 connection to the laptop, so now the Roku/Apple TV go through the
WRT54GL wireless, over to the laptop wired, and out the laptop wifi to
the hotel wifi.

So is the AC stuff well supported in the kernel now?