[lug] New to BLUG router question

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Nov 3 10:25:29 MDT 2017

On 11/2/2017 6:27 PM, Lee Cole wrote:
> I have a question on my router's signal strength.

I have to echo others. 5 GHz and AC is excellent. You may need to add
other wireless bridges or repeaters with 5 GHz in order to cover the
whole house (depends on how big the place is) but it works much better
than 2.4 GHz. And AC with its multipath beamforming fixes *so many
problems*.

I personally use a Netgear R7000 which I always meant to flash with one
of the WRTs but never got around to doing it. So it's still on Netgear
firmware.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil