[lug] Forcing a Sound Device

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 19:33:08 MST 2017

I have no clues about the issue at hand, but you can relatively easily
find out which file a program alters using strace: run the program
with it, redirecting the stdout/err to a file, and do the "thing" that
triggers the change you want to find out. Try to minimize everything
else you do, because the output is huge.

Open the file, look at the format, and do lots of grepping... You'll
learn a lot about what that program does (even answers to questions
you did not have).

Best of luck.
Davide