[lug] Does ayone know much about Steam OS?

geobodley at aol.com geobodley at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 18:14:49 MST 2017

 Will Steam games run on the more popular Linux distributions based on Ubuntu?  (Mint)  If I were to buy a Steam Machine like the ones from Alienware, would I be able to run my standard Linux applications such as Inkscape, LIbreoffice, GIMP and so on?  What are the advantages or disadvantages?  Has anyone built their own Steam OS machine and exactly how hard is it to do?  Is it worth the trouble.  I'm not much of a gamer in the first place.