[lug] help : VirtualBox Guest Additions

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 11:44:47 MST 2017

environment: CentOS 7.4.1708 running in VirtualBox 5.2.2

I am trying to install VirtualBox Guest Additions in my CentOS virtual machine.

According to VirtualBox, VirtualBoxGuestAdditions.iso is attached to
the virtual machine.

# mount -r /dev/cdrom /media/VirtualBoxGuestAdditions/

# cd /media/VirtualBoxGuestAdditions/

In the directory is a file called VBoxLinuxAdditions.run*

So far so good  But when I

# ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

I get

-bash: ./VboxLinuxAdditions.run: No such file or directory

Of course I an consulting the Google, but if any of you have any ideas
what could be wrong or what I should be looking for, it would be
appreciated?

Thanks.

PS -- of course, right as I was about to hit "send", I noticed that I
misspelled VBoxLinuxAdditions.run when entering the command.  However,
correcting that produces the same error.  And using tab to
auto-complete does not work.