[lug] libre office question

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Dec 19 08:11:43 MST 2017

Libre Office question....

I was playing around with Libre Office and my laser printer and discovered
that I can print 3x5 and 4x6 index cards in portrait mode. I can't print
them in landscape mode - they're not quite long enough and the printer
"jams". (In fact they're just sitting at the end of the paper tray. I could
probably feed them in from the back of the printer (if this printer
supports that))

That's not a problem with the content where it makes sense to print it in
portrait mode. However there are times I would like to print the content in
landscape mode even though I feed it into the printer in portrait mode.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I can set the Libre
Office document in landscape mode but can't figure out how to rotate it 90
degrees for printing. I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or if
it's an oversight.

Any ideas?

BTW I do know a workaround - I can print it to PDF, rotate the PDF, and
then print the resulting document. But if I'm going to that much effort I
might as well use Adobe on my windows system and I'm trying to avoid that.

Bear