[lug] libre office question

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Dec 19 11:14:25 MST 2017

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:59:51 -0700
Bear Giles <bgiles at coyotesong.com> wrote:

> I'm using the front manual feeder. The cards don't make it around the
> turn at the back of the printer.​ I haven't tried feeding the cards
> in from the back since it's much more of a pain since the printer is
> stuck in the corner.

If your printer is like the printers I've had in the past, it has a
"straight through" path that you use for card stock and the like. You
also use the straight through path when you don't want the printer to
put a curl on your paper.

The straight through path is enabled by opening
a door in back, which serves as a tray. The pages pile on that tray in
reverse order, and you should have a box below it to catch any pages
that drop.

As a practical matter, if you're printing a multipage document, you'd
probably be better off with a shellscript that turns it to portrait.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive