[lug] Convertion of ext4 Sparse Files

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Jan 5 17:11:47 MST 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 23:54:33 +0000 (UTC)
stimits at comcast.net wrote:

> Where is the "--sparse=3Dnever" from? My Fedoras all use just
> "--sparse=never", no "3D"

That's a formatting artifact. Ascii hex 3D is the equals sign, so
probably some buggy conversion there going through whatever text ->
UTF8 -> HTML -> mime-encapsulation -> remix it again path along recipients
and senders.

Since I still use plain-text e-mail, I see this often enough. Sometimes,
I'll get an e-mail with an = at the end of each line. Not sure how CR/LF
gets replace with that. Must be some wierd codepage thing. Or maybe it's
RTF?