[lug] Convertion of ext4 Sparse Files

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 13:17:49 MST 2018

> Then do this in C:

while((c = getc(sparsefile)) != EOF) putc(c, normalfile);

I can't imagine that not working. I didn't test this, and you need toadd a little open/close/errorhandling scaffolding, but you get thepicture.

SteveT

Steve Litt December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Timeshttp://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive_______________________________________________Web Page: http://lug.boulder.co.usMailing List: http://lists.lug.boulder.co.us/mailman/listinfo/lugJoin us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety

> Search on Android sparse image. I found all kinds of tools referenced online.

In order for reading a sparse file to result in the bytes of a non-sparse file the reader or the driver of the file system must recognize this as such...apparently this version is recognized as an Android sparse image when the "file" command is run on it, but no other tool...even some of those specific to Android...seems to work on this. I'm trying to get more information from the creator of the tool which created the sparse file.