[lug] First Programming Language

Steve Sullivan steve.sullivan at mathcom.com
Sat Jan 6 14:45:22 MST 2018

Many thanks for all the great comments on learning a
first programming language.

I agree, whatever the language, a person can write
bizarre spaghetti code or well structured code.

Even in C, a fairly simple language by today's standards, and
with strong static typing, there used to be an "obfuscated C"
contest.  I never had the patience to wade through those
tangled lines!

And conversely even in the much looser interpreted
languages of today, one can write well structured,
intelligible code.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve Sullivan      steve.sullivan at mathcom.com