[lug] Pushing Back Against Gnome CSD/Headerbars

Internet Privacy Advocate geobodley at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 14:51:02 MST 2018

You are correct.  It's best to keep it simple, and given that the Window manager is so important, it should not be overridden.   I've always used Mate, because Gnome proper seemed confusing.  When KDE changed it took about 5 years to get the wrinkles out, and actually I've never gone back to it, but I liked it originally.  Some people say the new Gnome is good, but I've never been drawn to it.  As for Unity, I never liked it from the beginning and even less after mark Shuttleworth deleted my comment saying "it had no place in my future."