[lug] SELinux

Steve Sullivan steve.sullivan at mathcom.com
Mon Jan 29 16:49:05 MST 2018

Ok, I'll ask ... can you give any examples of server side
vulnerabilities for Java?  I read a bit at

https://dzone.com/articles/test-test-test-7
and
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-19117/Oracle-JRE.html

The list of 544 vulnerabilities at cvedetails looks intimidating,
but reading down it looks like most of the problems are applet
related.  Almost nobody uses applets anymore.

And many of the entries say "require human interaction from a
person other than the attacker".  Well, no fair -- if you have
inside help, nearly anything is possible!

Have you experienced any server side Java security issues?

Steve

Steve Sullivan      steve.sullivan at mathcom.com
720-587-7498        http://www.mathcom.com