[lug] virtual screens on gnome?

Sat Feb 10 21:11:10 MST 2018

They're on by default.

Tap the <Windows|Super> key. Notice lots of things, but especially, notice a column of desktop previews on the right. There will always be one empty desktop after all desktops that have apps. You can drag apps between desktop previews and drag apps from the current desktop (now in expose view) to a more desirable desktop. If you want to ensure that there are X number of virtual desktops, I hear you can do that with the GNOME tweak tool, but I haven't confirmed. https://superuser.com/questions/287693/gnome3-predefining-virtual-desktops#1203039

Another cool feature on this screen is the launch line at the top. Your keyboard focus is in it, already. Type a few letters of the name of your favorite app ('term' for example), confirm that the app you meant is highlighted search item and tap <Enter>. That is my favorite feature of GNOME 3.

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.