[lug] virtual screens on gnome?

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Sun Feb 11 11:17:26 MST 2018

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 10:28:43 -0700
Bear Giles wrote:

> I know I only used a fraction of what was available with unity and that
> I should learn more about Gnome. (Or KDE.) It just never comes up since
> it seems like I only use three apps - chrome, eclipse, and xterm.

I'm getting a kick out of this discussion, since I use Fvwm, and thus
have very very few surprises. e.g., the syntax and behavor for the
FvwmPager module (virtual desktops) is unchanged since ... 1997? In fact,
almost all of my Fvwm config file from back then would still just work.
Things in Fvwm land don't just mysteriously vanish, or change just because
reasons.

For the most part, I launch programs from the command line, so the
question of where the menu item or launch function went just don't apply.