[lug] fvwm: was virtual screens on gnome?

Jed S. Baer blug at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Feb 12 15:18:48 MST 2018

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 17:09:17 -0500
Steve Litt wrote:

> Try hotkeying Suckless Tools' dmenu into your environment. It's much
> more discoverable than the command prompt, and usually requires fewer
> keystrokes. Dmenu is a productivity fountain.

On my main box, dmenu seems totally broken. It's version 4.5. It's also
very poorly documented, at least using the supplied man pages, and
looking around at what I could quickly find on the web. I have a newer
Mint version running in a VM, and dmenu 4.6 has at least basic
functionality there.

Using version 4.5, it displays itself, but offers no choices at all, and
ignores the -fn flag, using either the old Xfont syntax, or newer
(whatever it's called now) syntax.