[lug] FYI systems w/ more than 128GB

BC bcarr at purgatoire.org
Tue Feb 13 09:36:50 MST 2018

Thank you for this.  But...  The excellent talk at the BLUG meeting
last Thursday was about the "Meltdown" and "Spectre" problems with
[mostly] Intel chips and how various OS providers (M$, BSD, Linux,
etc) are working to come up with software solutions.

I guess I'm one of M$'s test sites - Win10 boot times are now about 30
minutes with system lockups requiring cold booting...  No BSOD warnings.

So I'll have to wait to fiddle with the native ubuntu on Win10...