[lug] Looking for a good simple reminder program

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Sun Mar 4 21:43:52 MST 2018

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 21:08:35 -0700
"Jed S. Baer" <blug at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 21:07:07 -0700
> Jed S. Baer wrote:
>
> > I've found that the old reminder program will do item 1.
>
> Correction: it's called "remind"
> https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3529

I also spent quire a bit of time looking for the right reminder utility,
tried a few of them, and ended up with remind as well. There's probably
a few ways you can get remind to pop up reminder windows and probably
even a tray icon with something like kdocker, but what I ended up doing
is run a script through anacron every 24 hours which checks remind for
events and sends me an email reminder for each event on that day. This
way it's in my inbox so I don't just click the reminder away and end up
forgetting about it.

Simos