[lug] Debugging I/O performance

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Tue Mar 13 11:53:17 MDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Nick Golder wrote:

> Are the BIOS versions in lock-step? We’ve seen APIC order and ACPI MADT
> table changes in BIOS updates that have affected PCIe performance.

Thanks to your suggestion, I did a diff of racadm hwinventory and came up
with iScsiOffloadMode is enabled on the slower machine. This could be a red
herring. I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to enter the
appropriate racadm command:

racadm>>get NIC.ConfigureFormn.1.iScsiOffloadMode
racadm get NIC.ConfigureFormn.1.iScsiOffloadMode
ERROR: Invalid index value. Only index values 1 - 0 are permitted.

racadm>>get NIC.NICConfig.1.ConfigureForm.iScsiOffloadMode
ERROR: RAC1019: The specified object is not supported for the current system
       configuration.
       Verify the object dependency using "racadm help <device
       class>.<groupname>.<objectname>", and retry the operation. For
example,
       "racadm help NIC.VndrConfigGroup.1.VirtWWPN".

etc.

The page of the manual is worthless (search on ConfigureFormn). Anybody
know the magic incantation?

Thanks,
Rob