[lug] Thoughts on upgrading to CentOS 7

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Mon Mar 26 16:57:46 MDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> FWIW - I just backup /var/log/journal.

You may end up with corrupted journal files.

I'm not really sure that it could be easy. :)

When I install Ubuntu on a desktop, it's very easy. It chooses reasonable
defaults for a desktop. The same is true for enterprise. The defaults that
I've run into are just not reasonable for modern enterprise systems. As a
positive example, CentOS 7 NFS seems to be tuned appropriately for modern
(1Gbe, 10Gbe) interconnects.

Rob