[lug] restoring hosed gnome configuration?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat May 5 13:48:04 MDT 2018

​Oh, I deleted the backup file once I knew what happened. The system seems
to be fine except for the inability to change my gnome settings.

That's one reason why I'm irked that it hasn't automatically fixed itself
either during use or during upgrade. Apps should be smart enough to
recognize when config files are missing or corrupted and recover with a
sane default.

I haven't had much luck looking at the other systems around here for
comparison since they're nearly all on 16.04. One laptop is 17.04 due to
problems with an upgraded app but it's still unity, not gnome.