[lug] BLUG LinkedIn group

Andrew Louder ajlouder at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 14:52:39 MDT 2018

Hi Davide,
   Thanks for your reply.   I check LinkedIN daily, so no problem for me.
Andy   On Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 2:41:07 PM MDT, Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

 Andy, Jed,

One issue I had is that LinkedIn does not send emails when activities are needed (or at least I could not find a switch to flip about it in any obvious place). Things that are needed now are reviewing requests to join, and ban possible spammers (which so far we had only once, IIRC). I don't moderate messages, since volume is low and only members can post and I moderate requests to join. I think that can be set, if desired but life is too short to learn about every software and website out there and keep up with their changes.

Time involved is very small, less than one hour a month I'd say. it's more about the routine (remember to do this every X days with a reasonable small X to not having requests to join pending for weeks, but reasonably large, not to spend more time checking if there is anything to do than doing it)

Thanks for the interest.
Davide

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Jed S. Baer <blug at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 12:12:36 -0600
Davide Del Vento wrote:

> Is anybody interested in becoming the owner of the LinkedIn group
> associated with the BLUG?
>
> I don't have anymore the time to do so and sometimes requests to join
> and other moderation activities remain pending for too long.

I didn't know there was such a thing.

Can you give a ballpark for how much time is involved? And what sort of
moderation activities there are?
Join us on IRC: irc.hackingsociety.org port=6667 channel=#hackingsociety