[lug] Multiple gcc Versions On Fedora 27?

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 15:12:16 MDT 2018

Hi,

So my thoughts on cross package management has me thinking about something else. I have some software/libraries on my Fedora 27 which can't be used with gcc 7, so I am thinking about trying to dual install with gcc 6. The trouble is that the ABI has had changes and there are no compat gcc 6 packages available...the entire linker system would need to exist twice...once for the older gcc 6, and once for the current gcc 7. Does anyone here have any thoughts on how difficult it would be to get both gcc 6 and 7 (with linker environments) working simultaneously?

Thanks!