[lug] Multiple gcc Versions On Fedora 27?

mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com
Wed Jun 13 16:40:18 MDT 2018

You do realize that using an outdated compiler is an excellent way to write INSECURE APPLICATIONS?  Don't you?  I wouldn't let students waste time making garbage with an old compiler.  Rewrite the routines you need.  Laziness is a big part of the security problem, it's why people continue to use insecure languages which is bad enough when not using an outdated compiler that produces code with known exploits.  Security is broken because no one cares until they get bit, then it's pass the buck.

mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)