[lug] Anyone still have a 5.25" floppy drive?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Jul 13 08:03:44 MDT 2018

I kept mine until a few years ago when I got rid of my last systems that
still had the controller (and connection). But maybe someone still has some
drives around. (I can still read 3.5" floppies and 100 MB zip disks because
I have USB-enabled ones.)

I was digging through my clutter backlog and came across the floppies for
MS-DOS 5. I remember holding onto them since many embedded systems were
still using it. I don't know if that's still the case since Arduinos and
Raspberry Pis are so much more capable. I don't even know if I can run it
in a virtual machine.

Maybe office art...

I also found Windows 2.1 floppies and the jewel case for Windows 95. I
think I already tossed the disc.

Bear