[lug] USB3 vs eSATA III question

BC bcarr at purgatoire.org
Sun Jul 22 15:23:00 MDT 2018

This for curiosity sake only...

At our monthly Boulder Gopher meeting last Thursday we had a
presentation by afellow who works at Intel and was describing a new
storage medium that Intel has developed (the exact name of this device
escapes me - NVsomething) that will do 100s of TiB/sec.  Of course
this isn't consumer grade by any stretch and it only runs on
specialized hardware not akin to what we are used to using. A
potential view into the futurefor mere mortals, perhaps.