[lug] USB3 vs eSATA III question

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun Jul 22 17:20:47 MDT 2018

I have a couple NUCs with that type of drive, plus an NVMe on main desktop.
No problems on any of them.

I just bought several of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-JumpDrive-64GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B00S5V5PEC  I
think I forgot to convert units - reading at 150 MBps is about 1.2 Gbps.
Not as fast as that stick but it's a lot cheaper.

I'll be able to say something about booting from USB soon - one of my
projects before I leave for trip next weekend is installing Ubuntu onto an
external (USB) drive. I've been traveling with two laptops - a bit of a
pain - and decided to try booting from a USB drive instead. My original
thought was a USB stick but I might use a portable drive instead.